Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Day After

This is the first blog entry I’ve made to any site ever. I’m proud that it is for an event as meaningful as Indigenous Carnivale.

The night of May 26 presents a unique opportunity to show an awareness of the past and willingness to move forward in the future. Over the past two years I’ve been lucky enough to promote and perform (this is arguable) at Indigenous Carnivale. I’ve also been lucky enough to be an AIME (Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience) mentor and see the kids that the money raised from this night benefits.

Indigenous Carnivale is everyone’s chance to be part of a night in which Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians share a space, recongnise our past and show a commitment to a better future. It’s also a chance to maybe even see a super hero?

I just hope that this commitment is there on May 27...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel ya player. Its so important to try and keep in mind the importance of community...

And it is very questionable whether or not you performed.

Will you be back painting the graffiti tunnel??? You should post one of the pics from last year...

JMB